• American Chamber of Commerce in Estonia -
Has a membership list with contact information: most of the people/firms on the list have some interest in US/Estonian trade. There's also some general information about the organization.
• Baltic Markets -
Information about stocks in Estonia (and Latvia and Lithuania too). It is currently in construction, but looks like it will become a very nice site.
• Eesti Erastamisagentuur (Estonian Privatization Agency -
Most of this site is in Estonian. But, if you select "Kokkuvõte erastamistulemustest" from the main menu, you get to the next screen, with a list of years and the word "tabel" next to them. If you click
on one of the "tabel" links, you'll get a page with a list of all privatizations in that year in a table. The tables are in English and Estonian, and include data such as the EE number, sector, purchaser, whether or not
all or part of the company was purchased, whether shares or assets were purchased, date of purchase, price, number of employees and a little other data. This site has other information as well, but it's in Estonian. There is
a link at the bottom to an English version of the page, but it doesn't have the historical privatization data!
• Eesti Firmad -
A great deal of information about Estonian Firms, available in both Estonian and English. Not
a large number of firms here, but if you want information, it's probably a good start.
• Eesti Teadeteagentuur -- Estonian News Agency -
[Fee-based]. News agency of Estonia; has a searchable archive.
• Estonian Central Depository for Securities, Ltd. -
In Estonian and English. Information about Estonian securities, including bonds: ISIN, nominal value, number of shares, and for bonds, interest
and maturity dates are given. Trading statistics for every day going back a year, including volume on the exchange and on the OTC.
• Estonian Economics -
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry subsection of this site offers names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers, contact persons,
number of employees (range, not exact figures), and sectors of a lot of Estonian companies.
• Estonian Export Directory -
Directory of about 500 exporters. Search by name or sector. Name, address, phone, contact, number of employees and year established.
• Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs -
Has their bulletins and news releases on-line, many of which are in English. These are searchable, so it's a good place to look to see if a large company has experienced some noteworthy event.
• ICE -
Yellow pages of Estonian companies.
• Infoatlas -
Essentially a phone book of Estonian companies.
• Tallinna Väärtpaberbörs -- Tallinn Stock Exchange -
Available in both English and Estonian, this is the official site of the Tallinn S.E. Information provided about publicly-traded
Estonian firms includes the Name in both English and Estonian, total assets, earnings and market value, registration date, ISIN codes,
number of shares outstanding, and the par value. Of course, the latest closing prices are available, and so are stock price charts, the
daily high low, as well as the high and low for the past four weeks and 52 weeks.
Off the Web
• Estonian-English-Estonian Dictionary of Economy -
[Book -- Internet Bookshop]. For business and finance terms.
• Hippocrene Estonian-English English-Estonian Dictionary -
[Book -- Amazon]. $9.56 (20% off).
• Bank of Estonia Statistical Datasheets
• Estonian Law Links
• Lex Mundi Guide
• US Dept of State 1994 Econ Report
• US Dept. of Commerce Guide
Other Industry Research Links for Estonia
• Advertising • Aerospace • Apparel • Chemicals • Electronics • Financial • Food • Furniture • Health • Media • Metal • Paper • Railroads • Restaurants • Rubber • Telecommunications • Trucking •
General Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• Argentina • Australia • Austria • Bahrain • Belgium • Bermuda • Bosnia • Brazil • Bulgaria • Canada • Chile • China • Colombia • Croatia • Cyprus • Czech Republic • Denmark • Egypt • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Hong Kong • Hungary • Iceland • India • Indonesia • Ireland • Israel • Italy • Japan • Jordan • Korea (South) • Latvia • Lithuania • Luxembourg • Malaysia • Malta • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Nigeria • Norway • Pakistan • Peru • Philippines • Poland • Portugal • Romania • Russian Federation • Saudi Arabia • Singapore • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sri Lanka • Sweden • Switzerland • Taiwan • Thailand • Turkey • United Kingdom • United States • Venezuela • Vietnam • Zimbabwe •