• Directory of French Companies - Directory of more than 7 millions French businesses. Manageo.fr enables searching on company name, company ID number, field, area and on the executives names. Searching for company details and key figures is free and detailed financial reports are available for a fee.
• French Version - is also available.
• Hoovers French companies - Hoovers profiles of French companies -- about 100 companies total, mainly large companies. In English. Profiles are about a paragraph long, also has officers and sales information.
• Investir Stock Charts -
Charts of 250 French stocks, in a nice Java applet.
• Les 1500 premières entreprises françaises -
Information about 1500 companies in France.
• Paris Stock Exchange - This site contains stock prices and summaries of business activities for publicly traded French companies. Information includes summary financials, major shareholders, etc. Some of the information is in English, but a lot is in French only. But this is still a very nice site for finding information about a French company, and this site offers more information than most exchanges in the world.
• PR Line -
Press release and earnings announcements from French companies. In English and French, although the French part of this site is more complete.
• Societe.com -
Although this site is all in French, it provides a great deal of information about thousands of French companies, both public and private. You can get the sector code, address, type of company (forme juridique), amount of capital (capital social), nationality, date of incorporation, a list of the main officers, and dates of corporate events, such as when they incorporated. For most of the companies, you can also get condensed financial statements. This site is one of the most comprehensive sites for any country.
• Yahoo Finance -
In addition to Frankfurt and London, Yahoo now offers quotes for stocks traded in Paris. Open, high, low, close, and volume are provided. You can also look up symbols with their
nice lookup feature. For many companies, summary financial statements (in French) are available. This site also provides the largest shareholders,
management, year founded, share capital, etc. A
Off the Web
• Ntc's French and English Business Dictionary - [Book -- Amazon]. Should come in handy if you need to know a French business term.
• The Business Culture in France - [Book -- Amazon]. Discusses main business practices in France, and includes chapters on law, labor unions, etc. (A table of contents is available at Amazon).
• CAC-40 Index Quote
• Country Commercial Guide
• FAO Brief - Country profile by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. (Adobe Acrobat Required.)
• French Law Links
• English/French Dictionary -
Has about 75,000 words, and you can go from French to English or vice-versa.
Ce dictionnaire contient environ 75.000 mots, et vous pouvez aller du
français anglais ou l'anglais en français.
The most widely-cited stock market index in France is the CAC-40, which is short for Cotation Assistée en Continu 40 Index. As its name implies,
it is comprised of 40 stocks, which are weighted by market capitalization. Dividends are excluded from the index. The basis for the index is 1,000, which was where
the index was on December 31, 1987.
Other Industry Research Links for France
• Advertising • Aerospace • Apparel • Automotive • Chemicals • Construction • Electrical • Electronics • Energy • Financial • Food • Furniture • Health • Media • Metal • Paper • Recreation • Restaurants • Retail • Services • Tobacco •
General Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• Argentina • Australia • Austria • Bahrain • Belgium • Bermuda • Bosnia • Brazil • Bulgaria • Canada • Chile • China • Colombia • Croatia • Cyprus • Czech Republic • Denmark • Egypt • Estonia • Finland • Germany • Greece • Hong Kong • Hungary • Iceland • India • Indonesia • Ireland • Israel • Italy • Japan • Jordan • Korea (South) • Latvia • Lithuania • Luxembourg • Malaysia • Malta • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Nigeria • Norway • Pakistan • Peru • Philippines • Poland • Portugal • Romania • Russian Federation • Saudi Arabia • Singapore • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sri Lanka • Sweden • Switzerland • Taiwan • Thailand • Turkey • United Kingdom • United States • Venezuela • Vietnam • Zimbabwe •