• An Italian Version - of the page is also available.
• IBIS -- Italian Business Information System -
Names, addresses and telephone numbers of a large number of Italian Businesses. Includes fairly detailed
product information in both Italian and English. This site is now under construction, but I've left the link just in case they finish...
• Italy Industry Directory -
Directory of Italian companies where "quality is their number one goal." They're a lot of companies here (and it sort of begs
the question about what other companies have for goals).
• Pagine Gialle On-Line -
Italian yellow pages directory. Provides name, address, phone, fax, and sector for Italian companies.
Questo luogo fornisce il nome, l' indirizzo, il numero di telefono, il numero di
fax ed il settore per le aziende italiane.
• Yahoo Finance -
Yahoo is now offering quotes from the Milan exchange. Provides bid, ask, last, previous close, change and volume.
|SApA||Societa in Accomandita per Azioni. Limited Partnership with shares. Partners who are members
of the management board have unlimited liability, the other partners have limited liability. This entity is treated as a corporation for tax purposes.
|SNC||Societa in nome collettivo. General Partnership, i.e. all partners have
|SpA||Societa per azioni. Companies of this type can be listed on the stock exchange.
Requires two shareholders at the time of incorporation. Minimum share capital is ITL 200 million, and at least 30% of the
capital must be paid-in at the time of incorporation. Requires an annual audit.
|Srl||Societa a responsibilita limitata. Limited Liability company, although this type of company must be
privately held and not listed on the stock exchange. Only one shareholder is needed to form an Srl. Minimum share capital is ITL 20 million,
with at least 30% required to be paid-in at the time of incorporation. Requires an audit if paid-in capital is over ITL 100 million.
Off the Web
• Collins Italian-English, English-Italian Dictionary -
[Book -- Amazon]. This hardback dictionary should prove useful when researching a Italian company. $17.50 (30% off).
• Italian/English Business Dictionary -
[Book -- Amazon]. This 160 page dictionary is for business terms, many of which aren't contained in standard dictionaries. $7.96 (20% off).
• Directory of Enterprises and Local Units in Bergamo Province -
If you want to know more about a company in Bergamo, this might be a good place to start. Over 65,000 companies are
listed in this database. Data provided include name, legal structure, address, sector, artisan status, date founded, # of employees,
and the NRD and VAT numbers.
• Country Commercial Guide
• FAO Brief - Country profile by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. (Adobe Acrobat Required.)
• Italian Law Links
• MIBTEL Index Quote
Other Industry Research Links for Italy
• Advertising • Apparel • Automotive • Chemicals • Construction • Energy • Food • Furniture • Machinery • Media • Recreation • Restaurants • Retail • Rubber • Services • Tobacco •
General Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• Argentina • Australia • Austria • Bahrain • Belgium • Bermuda • Bosnia • Brazil • Bulgaria • Canada • Chile • China • Colombia • Croatia • Cyprus • Czech Republic • Denmark • Egypt • Estonia • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Hong Kong • Hungary • Iceland • India • Indonesia • Ireland • Israel • Japan • Jordan • Korea (South) • Latvia • Lithuania • Luxembourg • Malaysia • Malta • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Nigeria • Norway • Pakistan • Peru • Philippines • Poland • Portugal • Romania • Russian Federation • Saudi Arabia • Singapore • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sri Lanka • Sweden • Switzerland • Taiwan • Thailand • Turkey • United Kingdom • United States • Venezuela • Vietnam • Zimbabwe •