• 2002 Census Bureau Final Reports, Industry Series - Numerous industry reports from the U.S. Census Department. (Requires Adobe Acrobat.)
• Auto Industry - Union - Report from the United Auto Workers (UAW) union about events in the automotive industry.
• Auto Intell -
Provides information about automobile companies from around the world. Manufacturers are its main focus, but it has suppliers too.
Revenues, production, employees, income, profits, and historical revenues are available in addition to a fairly decent writeup of the companies. This site has lots of info about the
auto industry, and appears to be a good place for automotive company research.
• Automotive production in United States by make - This page has total automotive production by make 1992 thru 2000 for United States.
• Dieselnet -
Brief (one line) descriptions and phone numbers of companies throughout the world that manufacture Diesel engines, components, exhaust systems, etc.
• Just-Auto.com -
All sorts of news about the automobile industry from the world over. Includes feature articles written by the staff of the site as well as news from Reuters.
• Yahoo News: Automotive - Most recent news from companies in the industry and for the industry. From Yahoo news: offers Reuters, Business Wire and PR Newswire.
• Top 500 Auto Dealers - Name, rank, location, revenues and owner provided for the top 500 auto dealers in the nation. You can sort by sales, list by region, by new sales, by used sales, by body shop sales, etc. (Requires Adobe Acrobat)
Parts and Suppliers
• Supplier Scout -
Details about automotive suppliers around the world: address, phone, fax, main officers, number of employees, sales and product information.
Trucks and Buses
• School Bus Fleet and Chassis Manufacturers - Name, address, phone, fax, key personnel and brief product description of manaufacturers of school buses and fleets.
• Hoover's Snapshot of the Automobile Industry - Hoover's take on the big three and the foreign competition. Also has a brief glossary of terms and some historical perspectives.
• International Trade Administration Office of Automotive Affairs -
US Government agency published many reports about the automobile industry. Some of the links at this site don't work, but for those that do, you'll find
a wealth of information.
Other Industry Research Links for United States
• Advertising • Aerospace • Apparel • Chemicals • Computers • Construction • Electrical • Electronics • Energy • Financial • Food • Furniture • General • Glass • Health • Machinery • Media • Metal • Paper • Railroads • RealEstate • Restaurants • Retail • Rubber • Services • Shipping • Steel • Telecommunications • Tobacco • Trucking •
Automotive Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• ARGENTINA • AUSTRALIA • AUSTRIA • BELGIUM • BRAZIL • CANADA • CHILE • CZECH REPUBLIC • EGYPT • FINLAND • FRANCE • GERMANY • HUNGARY • ICELAND • INDIA • INDONESIA • IRELAND • ITALY • JAPAN • KOREA (SOUTH) • LUXEMBOURG • MALAYSIA • MEXICO • MOROCCO • NETHERLANDS • NIGERIA • PHILIPPINES • POLAND • PORTUGAL • ROMANIA • RUSSIAN FEDERATION • SAUDI ARABIA • SLOVAKIA • SLOVENIA • SOUTH AFRICA • SPAIN • SWEDEN • TAIWAN • THAILAND • TURKEY • UKRAINE • UNITED KINGDOM • UZBEKISTAN •