• 2002 Census Bureau Final Reports, Industry Series - Numerous industry reports from the U.S. Census Department. (Requires Adobe Acrobat.)
• DOE - Official website for the US Department of Energy.
• Hydrocarbon Online - Targeted towards the Hydrocarbon and petrochemical industries, this site offers brief company profiles for what appears to be thousands of engineering firms in the industry. You can also search
for a company by product.
• Coal Data and Information -
Lots of general information about the coal industry and analysis of the largest producers. Most of the pages on this site are large PDF files, so you'll need Adobe Acrobat. Sponsored by the
US Energy Information Administration, some government agency.
• Coal Exports -
Report about coal exports from the US International Trade Administration.
• Electric Power Deregulation: A Primer -
This Cato Institute paper discusses methods of changing the organization of power markets. PDF: requires Adobe Acrobat.
• NRDC - Website for the National Resources Defense Council.
• Independent Petroleum Association of America -
Has some industry research reports on its website.
• Oil and Gas Investor -
From Phillips Publishing. Has some current news about the oil and gas industry, and has detailed profiles of investment analysts that cover companies in the industry (includes pictures too).
• PetroAssist - Long profiles of oil and petroleum companies from around the world.
• Rig Data -
Find out where oil rigs are throughout the United States. Most of their data is in PDF, but it's free.
• The Prize - [Book -- Amazon]. "The Epic Quest for Oil Money and Power", written by Daniel Yergin. This book won the Pulitzer Prize in 1992 for the best non-fiction book, it is a history of the oil industry
from its beginnings in the 19th century to the modern era. A lot of historical detail.
• Ziphany LLC - Provides software and services to energy related companies, organizations deploying Remote Asset Management or M2M and organizations deploying Microsoft Dynamics - Navision
Solar, Wind and Alternative
• ETHANOL Industry - Official website for the Renewable Fuels Association.
• Solar Energy Industries Association -
General information about the industry, plus long profiles with recent news for member companies.
• Hoover's - Snapshot of the energy industry.
• Infoshop Energy Reports - Report about the European energy industry. (Requires Adobe Acrobat.)
• International Natural Gas Outlook - Report on the international natural gas industry.
Other Industry Research Links for United States
• Advertising • Aerospace • Apparel • Automotive • Chemicals • Computers • Construction • Electrical • Electronics • Financial • Food • Furniture • General • Glass • Health • Machinery • Media • Metal • Paper • Railroads • RealEstate • Restaurants • Retail • Rubber • Services • Shipping • Steel • Telecommunications • Tobacco • Trucking •
Energy Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• Argentina • Australia • Austria • Bahrain • Belgium • Bermuda • Bosnia • Br. Virgin Islands • Brazil • Bulgaria • Canada • Cayman Islands • Chile • China • Colombia • Croatia • Cyprus • Czech Republic • Denmark • Egypt • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Hong Kong • Hungary • Iceland • India • Indonesia • Ireland • Israel • Italy • Japan • Jordan • Korea (South) • Latvia • Luxembourg • Malaysia • Malta • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Nigeria • Norway • Pakistan • Peru • Philippines • Poland • Portugal • Romania • Russian Federation • Saudi Arabia • Singapore • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sri Lanka • Sweden • Switzerland • Taiwan • Thailand • Turkey • United Kingdom • Venezuela • Vietnam • Zimbabwe •