• 2002 Census Bureau Final Reports, Industry Series - Numerous industry reports from the U.S. Census Department. (Requires Adobe Acrobat.)
• American Metal Market - The online resource for metals industry news, pricing and information.
• Forging Industry Association -
The buyer's guide has very refined searching, and you'll get the name, address, phone, fax, and detailed product information for member companies.
• Metalforming Online - Precision Metalforming Asoociation is the full-service trade association representing the $41-billion metalforming industry of North America-the industry that creates precision metal products using stamping, fabricating and other value-added processes. This web site contains a searchable archive of Metalforming magazine, and also has directories that can be searched (although searching requires registration).
• Mine Accidents - Contains data about mining companies (production, employment, type of commodity mined, etc.) and accident data (accidents, injuries, and illnesses reported by those companies) from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health division of US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
• Mining Industry in United States - Brief overview of the mining industry in United States from Mbendi.
• Mining Technology - Has profiles of companies in the mining, tunnelling and quarrying industries.
• Aluminium - A [Fee-Based] report on this industry from Roskill Information Services, "one of the world's leading providers of information on international metals and minerals markets."
• Aluminum Extruders Council -
The membership roster allows very refined searches of aluminum extruders located in the US and Canada. Address, phone, fax, main officers, presses, ISO standards and capabilities.
• Aluminum Industry Analysis Brief - Overview of the aluminum industry, from the Department of Energy. It focuses on energy use by the industry, but also has various statistics about production and consumption.
• Bauxite - A [Fee-Based] report on this industry from Roskill Information Services, "one of the world's leading providers of information on international metals and minerals markets."
• Statistics and Information - Detailed information from the US Geological Survey.
• The Copper Page -
The suppliers section contains several databases that allow searches of companies in the copper industry.
• USGS Survey: Copper -
Copper Industry statistics from the US Geological Survey. Updated monthly.
• USGS Survey: Gold -
Gold Industry statistics from the US Geological Survey. Updated monthly.
• World Gold Council - Has statistics and general information about the gold industry.
Lead and Zinc
• Zinc World -
All sorts of information and statistics about zinc production.
• Magnesium - A [Fee-Based] report on this industry from Roskill Information Services, "one of the world's leading providers of information on international metals and minerals markets."
• Magnesium Statistics from the USGS -
Lots of statistics about magnesium in the United States from the US Geological Survey.
• Silver Institute -
Has some general market statistics about the silver industry in the United States.
• International Titanium Association -
Detailed profiles of US and foreign companies that are in the Titanium industry. Gives description of activities, history, officers, sales representatives, and list of products and services.
• Hoover's - A snapshot of the Metals and Mining Industries.
• Metal Industry Indicators - monthly newsletter that analyzes and forecasts the economic health of five metal industries: primary metals,
steel, copper, primary aluminum, and aluminum mill products. From the US Government.
• Minerals - Information provided by the U.S. Treasury Department.
• OECA Sector Notebook: Metal - From the Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Environment and Compliance Assurance, this report has numerous details about the metalworking energy and the regulations it faces.
• OECA Sector Notebook: Minerals/Minig/Processing - From the Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Environment and Compliance Assurance, this report has numerous details about the metalworking energy and the regulations it faces.
• US Geological Survey Metal Briefs - The USGS publishes detailed statistics on all kinds of metals and mining: if you need to know about the industry, this looks like a good place to go first.
Other Industry Research Links for United States
• Advertising • Aerospace • Apparel • Automotive • Chemicals • Computers • Construction • Electrical • Electronics • Energy • Financial • Food • Furniture • General • Glass • Health • Machinery • Media • Paper • Railroads • RealEstate • Restaurants • Retail • Rubber • Services • Shipping • Steel • Telecommunications • Tobacco • Trucking •
Metal Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• ARGENTINA • AUSTRALIA • AUSTRIA • BOLIVIA • BRAZIL • CANADA • CHILE • CHINA • COLOMBIA • CROATIA • DENMARK • EGYPT • ESTONIA • FRANCE • GERMANY • GREECE • HONDURAS • INDIA • INDONESIA • IRELAND • JAMAICA • JAPAN • KAZAKHSTAN • MALAYSIA • MEXICO • NEW ZEALAND • NIGERIA • NORWAY • PERU • POLAND • PORTUGAL • RUSSIAN FEDERATION • SOUTH AFRICA • SPAIN • SWEDEN • TURKEY • UKRAINE • UNITED KINGDOM • URUGUAY • UZBEKISTAN • VENEZUELA • VIETNAM •