• 2002 Census Bureau Final Reports, Industry Series - Numerous industry reports from the U.S. Census Department. (Requires Adobe Acrobat.)
• Dredging Vessels of the World - [Fee-based]. Information about dredging companies from around the world.
• Travel Page's Cruise Page - Geared more to the vacationer than the corporate researcher, there is still some decent information here. In addition to the basic name, address, phone, fax of the companies,
they've got detailed reviews of the ships: year built, year last refurbished, length, tonnage, number of cabins, nationality of officers and crew, operating area, and history of the ship. Some of the ship
write-ups are quite detailed.
• Port of Duluth - Information about ships docked in Duluth, Minnesota. Length, flag, and year built are provided for the ships. For some ships, you can get a detailed writeup if you click on their name.
• Port of Pensacola - Details about vessels docked in Pensacola, Florida: arrival and departure dates, vessel name, flag, origin, destination and cargo.
• Port of Stockton Daily Vessel Log -
Information about ships docked in Stockton, California. Date, berth, vessel, agent, operator and origin/destination.
• Shipbuilding Statistics - A wide range of statistics about US shipbuilding.
• Shipping Guide - Get details about a ship's itinerary.
• US Coast Guard Vessel Documentation Port State Information eXchange - If you want to know what company owns or what company built a particular boat, this is the place: you'll get all sorts of information:
Identification number, flag, call sign, year built, what it is used for, dimensions, tonnage and more.
• U.S. Maritime Administration - Most of this US Government Agency's documentation is a little dated, but maybe you'll find something of value here.
Other Industry Research Links for United States
• Advertising • Aerospace • Apparel • Automotive • Chemicals • Computers • Construction • Electrical • Electronics • Energy • Financial • Food • Furniture • General • Glass • Health • Machinery • Media • Metal • Paper • Railroads • RealEstate • Restaurants • Retail • Rubber • Services • Steel • Telecommunications • Tobacco • Trucking •
Shipping Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• ARGENTINA • AUSTRALIA • BRAZIL • CANADA • DENMARK • FINLAND • HONG KONG • ICELAND • LITHUANIA • LUXEMBOURG • NETHERLANDS • NORWAY • SWEDEN • UNITED KINGDOM •